Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Big APPLE





The big apple awaits, Spring arrives early in Michigan, and I am going to the rainy cold!








As the day narrows to its humble sleep it occurs to me that America is a really weird place to live. Beyond the fact that most people here are extremely nice but very distant at the same time; and beyond the fact that the massiveness of this country can be beyond overwhelming, or beyond the fact that everywhere you go and everything you do is about putting in all your own personal effort (its tough living in america in comparison to other countries where there are more amenities for a more luxurious life style that is more affordable and not totally exclusive), America proves to be a truly exceptionally interesting place to live in.

Though I am more of an urbanized type of person, I do appreciate the calmer suburban life style, I love the kindness you see in people, American's are a tender population regardless of their ethnicity or cultural background. I feel (and maybe this is mistaken) that there is a distinct sense of being American regardless of the fact that everyone is largely ethnically not American. And that is a lovely sentiment, something as a Lebanese I am not very use to feeling!

I DO LOVE BEING HERE! 
But as a freshly off the boat resident of the states (even though my childhood was here) I am struggling with the change. Cultural shock is by far one of the most anxiety inducing experiences in the world (drama queen much dania)! In any case, it has been a bumpy road, but a bright one so far, and I am proud to say, this trip to NY and BOSTON will be a transition in to hopefully an even BRIGHTER one.

No comments:

Post a Comment